- BEFORE RELAXING: DO NOT shampoo. Evaluate condition of client hair and scalp. Avoid vigorous brushing or combing. Select correct relaxer strength. Conduct a strand test on a small section of hair using relaxer directions. If scalp becomes irritated during application or adverse integrity of the hair is noticed, rinse immediately and do not use relaxer. Only if strand test is successful, do you proceed. Use relaxer Timing Chart and strand test as a guide.
- RELAXER APPLICATION:
- Step 1. Apply a protective base on scalp, perimeter of hairline and ears. Avoid hair.
- Step 2. Set timer accordingly.
- Step 3. Wearing protective gloves, apply a generous amount of relaxer to the most resistant area first using the back of a rattail comb or application brush. For previously relaxed hair, apply only to new growth. Avoid overlapping onto previously relaxed hair. DO NOT apply to scalp. Parting in thin sections, continue application throughout entire head. Apply to hairline last. With fingers or back of rattail comb, gently smooth hair following the order of application, until desired straightness is achieved.
- Step 4. Rinse thoroughly with warm water for at least 5 minutes and apply a generous amount of Olive Oil Neutralizing Shampoo. Work into a rich lather to remain on the hair 2-3 minutes before rinsing.
- Step 5. Towel dry and apply Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner per product directions.
How to return this item
Subject to exceptions, Black Hair Care is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 28 days of delivery. Please check our return policy and exceptions page for more details.
Please click here to see our return policy.